Christmas Dining Room Table

Monday, December 5, 2011


This year I went with simple, natural and inexpensive decorations in our house. Using a lot we already had, added with natural touches here and there. I love the natural look and smell of fresh cedar mixed with magnolia leaves, red berries, curly willow and pine cones. Having fresh greenery every year in our house for Christmas is a must! (plus it's free)



I started with our Spode Christmas Tree china, added burlap ribbon for a little mix, white napkins with silver rings and then prepared a centerpiece arrangement in a concrete urn. I like to bring the outdoors inside our house by thinking outside the box- a concrete statue on the buffet with trellis stands on either side, decorative ironwork, salvaged architectural finds along with fresh greenery and flowers. To me it creates a collected over time feel, layered with character and style.      



I recently added a wooden church bench to the dining room, it was bright green when we found it and it needed to be toned down to a more greenish-gray to coordinate with our home. It fits perfect and adds so much charm to our dining room.


I'm still putting the final touches on the rest of the house and I'll show it to you soon.

I'm joining Layla at The Lettered Cottage today for her Christmas table decor party. Head on over and check out all the amazing decorating ideas!  



Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...