She Shops, She Scores!

Friday, January 29, 2010

I haven't found the "rich people's" Goodwill yet, but I do like to shop my local thrift stores for great finds, just like Jen who is hosting a Frugal Fashionista Fashion Show and I'm linking up!  I could probably find ten outfits in my closet from Goodwill, but I'll stick with one of my most recent and very favorite purchases, my "muppet coat."

It is a beautiful winter white Talbots size XL in like new condition.  I probably wouldn't have looked twice at this jacket, but I've been following Jen's posts on fashion, and unique details are one of the things she says to watch for, so I tried it on, and loved it.

I paired it with a soft white tee, my daughter's scarf and a pin from my jewelry cabinet, dark jeans and brown shoes. 


Then I found the headband (I show in the pocket), and the colors reminded me of this...


I love the rosette headband! 

The fine net detail was perfect for the event to which I wore this outfit, a wedding rehearsal which I coordinated!  Of course I couldn't wear this to the wedding, since I coordinated that as well, and didn't want to risk getting something on my $5.49 jacket!

And remember my post about Ann Kroeker and her excellent book, Not So Fast?  Well, I was excited to find her book, The Contemplative Mom, at the Goodwill last week for $1!  Talk about doing the happy dance.  I was thrilled, and saved myself $8.99 over the retail price.

I also picked up:

  1. The Other Side of Love by Gary Chapman, still has the $12.95 sticker on back!
  2. Avoiding Deception by Sharon Daugherty
  3. and Hidden Keys of a Loving Lasting Marriage by Gary Smalley
Each of them were $1 at Goodwill, except the Chapman book, which was just $0.50 at the library!  I frequent both places looking for books to use, and to resell.  I've spent $0.50 on a paperback library book before, and sold it for $15 at a homeschool bookfair!

Some people flip houses, but I prefer much smaller investments because they fit my lifestyle at the moment!

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...