Life After The Pantry Challenge

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Since the Pantry Challenge, I've been more creative in my cooking, mostly because I was inspired not to spend more than I need to for nutritious foods.  Since we have a small family, I don't need to do the OAMC or bulk cooking like some bloggers, because for us, it leads to waste.  It's just not MY mindset.

I did learn that I need to branch out a bit, and utilize my at~home days to experiment a bit more with new recipes.  I was also inspired to use my small appliances a bit more.  I have a Bosch Compact mixer, and need to use it more often, so today I made the most delicious Bran Muffins I have ever had! 


I tweaked a Raisin Bran Muffins recipe I found here.  Here's my version:

Fiber One Raisin Bran Clusters Muffins

1 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup ground Flax seed

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder

3 cups Fiber One Raisin Bran Clusters cereal
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Directions ~

Preheat oven to 350°F.

In a small bowl, combine 1 tbsp sugar,cinnamon and Flax. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, stir together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl (I used my Bosch bowl), combine cereal,  milk, egg and oil. Let stand about 3 minutes or until cereal is softened. Beat well. (Flakes and clusters were still distinguishable after beating about 2 minutes.)

Add flour mixture to cereal mixture and stir just until combined. Scoop into lined or greased muffin cups. Sprinkle evenly with topping.

Bake approximately 25 ~ 30 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.
 
 
I told my picky eater they were Cinnamon Muffins, and she approved, so no problems passing these off to the children!  They are moist and I believe they will freeze well, which is great since my muffin tins are not bakery sized, and the recipe made 18 muffins. 
 
Hope you enjoy them!

This post shared with Jen...

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...