Creating your Own Artwork From a Blank Canvas

Friday, September 24, 2010

I hear people say all the time how they can't afford to buy artwork for their home 
or that they can't find anything they really like. 
Why not create your own?
It's one of my favorite things to do. 
So how do you do it? It's quite easy. Start by buying a blank canvas/'s. You can usually get blank canvas's in any size at craft stores. I usually get mine at Hobby Lobby, watch their sales ad's b/c they will go on sale for up to 50% off! 
Once you get your canvas's decide what it is you would like to do. Below are some examples of artwork I've made for my home. 
Sample 1: I simply painted the canvas yellow, and then I added vinyl art (Uppercase Living is a great company! They have lots of different sayings, shapes, etc. You can even have some custom made!)



Sample 2: Once again I painted the canvas the color I wanted and then added a metal letter to the canvas. It can be a little tricky. But I simply screwed it in from the back into the canvas. Make sure its not too heavy!




There are endless possibilities of things you can come up with! You can glue spoons and forks on them for cute artwork for a kitchen. Or glue fabric or scrape booking paper to them:)

Have fun!

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...