Chair make-over! Reupholstering a £20 find

Monday, February 21, 2011

We finally got around getting this chair reupholstered, which I bought over two years ago for £20 from a local junk shop. It was hard choosing the right fabric, as there is just so much to choose from. Ever been in a fabric store or department? It's like putting a kid in a sweet shop!
I wanted two contrasting fabrics that were not too "in your face" and would suit the rest of the room  - and I am pretty pleased with the result. The patterned fabric is Harlequin Azara (it comes in beautiful cerise, yellow, cream, black and dark blue). The other one I have forgotten the name of, but it's a Peacock blue velvet which a lot of different fabric brands do, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find a similar one. I bought them both from John Lewis.

Here's the before and after shots!






Labels: , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...