Signs of Spring & bike of sunshine

Monday, March 7, 2011

I scrapped my post of the day for a brighter subject. I had a weak point which I realized goes against my  "brush past the negative & embrace the positive". I am back in my little happy place after a nice walk outside in the bright sun & fresh air.
You know Spring is close when every week is constant change of weather. Cold & snow to warm & sunny then snow all over again. This is around the time of year we become excited with the awakening of Mother Nature. Green sprouts. Bird songs change. The sun shines brighter & air begins to take on the scent of what's to come.
Just last week, the view from our windows looked like this:
sun rising view from upstairs

Suddenly today the sun is shining, melting away the snow and revealing these surprise bulbs I discovered scattered in the front garden beds. I wonder what they will be....:
On the subject of Spring signs, the 3 Canadice seedless grapes I picked up earlier this week have lots of beautiful green leaves. These will go out by the garden for the Grape arbor/pagoda we plan for later this Spring:
And see the little sproutings in the background? Medicinal herbs & many heirloom vegetables. I am very excited that my Banana melon seeds have all sprouted! It's a melon that is shaped like a banana, smells like a banana & even tastes similar to a fresh banana!  Seed was purchased through Baker Creek Heirlooms.
We are looking forward to that first fruit off it's vine. Something new & different!
And guess what I have sitting in my living room? Something I picked up a few weeks ago and have not advanced past taking it all apart to clean then putting it back together again. A bright { in need of a paint job & a tune up}yellow " Schwinn Spitfire " bike from mid to late 50's!
Hopefully the sun remains for tomorrow & we can hit the road together....Maybe just a block or two since the front end forks & handle bars are a tad crooked {I could not get the two to come apart. Looks like I may have to call in The Captain's strength for this one}.
Sweet dreams,
~Tammie

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...