Finding Robin egg's & the weeping Cherry tree's

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Here at the Stone Cottage, Spring has been sharing many delights. The weeping Cherry trees are in bloom and the Weeping Willow has begun showing it's green leaves.
 

Frog & I began doing some Spring clean up. Edging the driveway was our first duty. As usual, Frog began to play around under the weeping Cherry trees and soon she found a beautiful surprise!
I assume a Nest robber has been at work since upon our inspection, there were no nests above where the ice cold egg was found. Soon we began searching the other weeping cherries and found another cold Robins egg just 2 trees over. The closest nest to where the eggs lay was a good 25 to 30 ft away. Although it does appear as though there may have been a nest in the one tree between where the eggs were found. All these rains may very well have destroyed the nest, Winds or the action of falling, causing the eggs to go in opposite directions.
We decided they would have a new home in the Birds nest I found a few years back which contained some of our  Beloved Chia's Hair. The one I found that Spring after her death.
I began thinking of that old Girl today. Between the beautiful weather, dandelions showing their golden faces, then the robin eggs. Flashes of past Springs from the old house come flooding back. I was hit with the most intense heart ache as soon as she came into my thoughts. I miss her terribly. Probably far more then I should after all these years.
I thought of the May day Dandelion crowns we make every year and she always ate her crown after indulging me for a few moments. Who will wear the crowns we make and be our May Day Queen? Who will I have to keep me company as I make my way through the early Spring chores? Spring always reminds me of her. From the walks in parks with my Goat on a leash to the delight as she scratched off her winter coat with some amazing acrobats.
I miss that silly old goat. Maybe it's the rarity of her personality that I fear will never be found again or that I will compare others to her, never letting them be on her "pedestal". I only hope she comes back to me when I have it in me {and the ability} to take goats on again.
For now I have the beautiful memories. A beautiful Spring to enjoy. And of course plenty of projects up ahead.
Sweetest Dreams,
~Tammie

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...