The Table that took 6 months to build...

Sunday, April 10, 2011

No, that is not an exaggeration. It truly took 6 months from start to finish. Not because the table actually required that much work. No, it's more like I refused to brave the cold & work on it during the winter. Yes, I dislike being cold that much.
I first mentioned this Project last September, showing a beautiful upcycled barn wood table. It had a rather alluring bottom shelf for the Farm House table. LOVED IT! So begun the construction which did not end looking like the one in the picture. None the less, it is unique and huge! 8 ft long and 3 ft wide.
I did not like square edges on the end, so I cut a slight crescent into the frame corners and round the top corners. Then applied a light layer of white paint just to the base.
 I'm not Bob Villa but I am very happy with how it came out. I made it so the top sits at 34 inches high, perfect to prevent slumping over the top in normal dining chairs. Once my new dining chairs are finished with their new cushions, our old table chairs will be transformed into wood bottom {removing the cushions} for using with this table outside, under the future Arbor.

I also managed to finish tilling under the winter rye cover crop in the garden. To feel the cold soil freshly turned under my feet, was exhilarating. BUT it came with a consequence. Within 1/2 an hour I soon broke out in a massive case of itchy red skin & hives all over my body.It felt as though my skin was really crawling. I could feel a swelling in my throat & saw my limbs begin to get puffy.I grabbed the benedryl, which was followed with the antihistamine induced nap. I woke up as though I had partied the night away.Headache, sensitive stomach. Ack! Lesson learned. Do not till winter rye while barefoot.
The chickens are loving this recent turn of Mother Nature. Their coop is still awaiting it's final home INSIDE the chicken pen, but they stay with a 10 ft range of the coop despite not having barriers. Dust bathing, playing "who's got the worm now football" and of course flying in circles testing out their wings.
Moving the coop is a matter of awaiting for the person whom is doing the job to get the time to come over. Supposedly that will tomorrow. I truly hope so. I would like to finish the painting & decor soon.
I got the call today.Our Bee's will be ready for pick up on Thursday, which I will not be able to drive the hour there & then back until Friday Morning. Being my first time doing this alone, I decided to take you along for the ride. I did not realize there is not much at all in the books I have about bringing them home & what to do that day/night. They concentrate on once you have them settled in..
Hopefully I can get enough good footage of all that will be happening as to make a video for sharing. Gas has been keeping me close to home and of course plenty of none returned emails/phone calls to destinations. lol.
Sweet Dreams,
~Tammie 

Labels: , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...