Before Blogging Throwback- Tuscan Wall Mural

Thursday, May 26, 2011

I have several pre-blogging projects that I have been want to share with you and just love  Sugar & Spice in the Land of Balls & Sticks once-a-month Before Blogging Throwback party!

In lou of having painters in the house, I thought I would share with you a little wall mural that I painted shortly after we moved into the house.

faux painting

Don’t laugh now!  I never said I was an artist but I really wanted to add lil’ something to this room.  A Tuscan Vineyard, please.  I call this room the breeze way but it’s a really a pass through area between the kitchen and the garage.  Okay it’s a mudroom by most standards. 

The wall color:  the base is a golden yellow (leftover from the kitchen) and because there wasn’t enough to give it a complete coverage I used a  brown/taupe paint (leftover from the family room) to make a glaze and washed/swirled it over the yellow base paint.  Then added some random fleur de lis stamp design in copper.

Sand texture

To add even more authenticity to the stone arch, I added some sand to the paint.   I hope you can see it.

destressed mantel

The mantle mounted underneath is something leftover from the construction of the house.  I distressed it with a hammer, screw drivers, and chains. 

It’s time for a change.  Once I finish remodeling upstairs, this will most likely be the  first to go.  

Carrie_thumb[5]

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...