Repainted Foyer!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Well, I thought this day would never  come but I am so happy to show you my new painted foyer!!! 

Oh, before I go into this post to far, I want to apologize for missing this weeks Amaze Me Monday party.  It’s been a long weekend and by Sunday night I was completely wore out!  I honestly didn’t have the energy to sit and focus at the computer.  The good news is that for the last two nights I slept threw the entire night (minus a few trips to the bathroom).  I’m thinking the combination of finishing the poison oak medication and having this foyer done might have something to do with it!

{Before}

_MG_6443

{After}

Foyer Remodel

I know…  Amazing!!!  I am so smitten with the results.  This has been a project floating around in my head for a long time and now it’s finally coming alive!!  There is still a few things to do.  We want to replace the floor, and I still need to restain the stairwell to match the door.

The color we choose is Sherwin Williams Macadamia for the wall and Moderate White on the ceiling.  The trim is a Benjamin Moore match of Cotton Balls.  It’s soft and warn but yet still a true white.

Don’t laugh but I know that the chandy is missing a few shades.  I went to the store and bought 12 during a big sale only to get home and realize that I need 15!  I searched high and low for the 3 matching ones but never found them.  The 12 original have faded on the side facing the window over the years, so guess I just need to replace all 15 shades. 

Let me show you more photos.

_MG_7928 This is what the room looked like on Friday when the painters left.  The colors are off in this photo but I wanted you to see the shelf.  This in not what I envisioned.  I really wanted the shelf to be an extension of the mouldings around the door.  So in less than 24 hours I added moulding and painted out the shelf.  

Trust me, I was asking myself what kind of “anal” do you have to be to repaint less than a few hours after hired professional painters leave?!?!?

But don’t you agree??? 

The shelf is truly amazing painted out in white!

Foyer makeover!   Remember the shelf and the Google Sketch-up drawing that I showed you?  Didn’t it turned out just like my sketch?!?!  Love it!

Foyer After Entering from the family room.  I most definitely will be replacing those gold tacky door knobs with a beautiful oil-rubbed bronze set. 

Door casing Detail

Here is a close up of the door casing that I created all from Lowes stock molding.  This took about 2 hours to do including removing the old door casing.  What an easy upgrade with such powerful impact!    You can see the wall paint, ceiling paint, and the trim all together in this photo.

DIY Moulding

I added a stock crown moulding under the ledge and my father and I made the picture frame moulding on the front of the shelf using MDF. 

Moulding in the foyer

I can open my front door with pride now!  I use to be so embarrassed. 

Moulding in the foyer I have a few ideas on how to decorate the sides of the door and while talking it over with my parents you know they had to add their wisdom to make it even better!  Now to find the time and the money. 

On a personal note, my son has some really big dirt bike races coming up in this month and I will be traveling with him.  I hope to keep post regularly but I am still without my own computer {it was fried in an electrical storm we had a month ago}.  Oh how I miss my computer as it was set up with all the programs that I use on a regular bases.  I’m currently sharing the Hubs lab top.   So if you don’t hear from me just know that I am out-of-town.  In fact the end of this weekend I will be heading to the great state of Texas. 

Carrie_thumb[5]

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...