Foyer~ Part 2

Thursday, June 30, 2011

The new addition to the foyer 

a pair of 

DIY Demi Tables!!

Overhead view of foyer

I am so over joyed at the results!   The table/disk  didn’t cost more than $20, however,  the fabric was a bit of a splurge.  Up till now I have managed to keep my foyer decorating cost very low.

I  realize that the flooring that I currently have needs to be replaced.  For now I’ll just have to live with it, but hoping to have it replaced this fall. 

Foyer Part 2

Okay I’m rambling on about all the things I still want to, need to, wish to do in the foyer and what I really need to be talking about is how I made these tables……

DIY Demi Table

I purchased a round disk, measuring 24” across, at Lowes  (Home Depot no longer sells them)  found in the moulding isle.   Then I had my Dad cut in half for me. 

Demi table Bracket

I made a bracket to mount the half round disk to the wall.  My original plan was to mount the disk to the wall using simple metal L brackets but my genius father suggested this type of bracket so if the table on the left side of the front door (at the foot of the stairs) could be removed (when hauling large objects up and down the stairs) with easy.  The wedge in the bracket makes a snug fit and holds it tight but it still can be lifted off.

Foyer Demi table skirt

Foyer Demi Table trim

I found the fabric and trim at Hancock Fabrics.  Actually I found several that I really liked, but this one was still in my budget.  I wanted a fabric that was classic yet with a contemporary flare.  I think this fabric does just that with it’s swirled pattern.

I sewed a simple half skirt and stapled it to the back of the table.  The best thing about the easy accessible brackets is that it will allow me to change out the skirt quickly.  I would love to have several of them for the different seasons and holidays! 

Left side of foyer

Traditional Foyer

Foyer lamp

I found the lamps at a bargain discount store (Fred’s) on sale for $7.50 each!  The lamps measure 22”, a bit shorter than what I was hoping to get.  Not to worry, I thinking of a way to solve that problem. 

Potpourri Box

Here is a lovely potpourri box that my parents made me!

Foyer skirted demi table

Okay, I don’t want to hear it…. I know the candy dish is empty!  I’m a bad hostess.  Actually, that candy dish is just holding the spot until the silver palmetto (SC state tree) dish that I’ve had my eye on goes on sale!!!

Foyer demi table

Phewwwww!! 

That’s a lot of photos for one post!

My foyer is taken on quite a traditional style.  I’ve never felt like I would classify my style as one way over another, but rather, I enjoy all styles to some degree.   I’m a bit nervous that this foyer is leaning heavily on traditional.  I am currently in search for a new mirror for the opposite wall.  Will I shake it up and find something totally unexpected? 

Linking up to these fun parties – go and check out all the projects!

Carrie

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...