It’s All About the Details!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Yep, most of you guested right…..

I decided to make those tacky gold hinges a thing of the past!

Painting hinges to match ORB door knob

I first did this paint treatment about 7 years ago in my master bathroom and the hinges are still holding up great. 

DIY ORB Door Hinges

 

Basic supplies needed.

Creating ORB finish paint supplies

For around $5   I updated all the hinges in my home to an Oil Rubbed Finish. The supplies I got from Wal-Mart.

1. Lightly sand the hinges and dust off with a clean rag.

2.  Apply a coat of Rust-Oleum Black Enamel Paint.  Let Dry.

3.  Mix equal amounts of gold and bronze craft paint.  {Only a very small amount was needed to highlight all the hinges in my home.}  With a dry brush, lightly apply  to highlight.

Creating an Oil Rubbed Bronze Finish

Edit:  I should mention that I did try to paint a door handle a few years ago and it did NOT last.  Maybe with more prep work (better sanding and priming), the paint  would have not chipped.  In my honest opinion, a door knob take a lot of wear and tear and  it’s probably best to buy new.  If some one has successfully painted their door knobs I would love for you to share.
Linking up to these
fun parties – go and check out all the projects!

Carrie

Labels: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...