Red, White, and Two Patriotic Crafts!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Yep, today you don’t get one but TWO patriotic crafts!  They’re both very simple and took me less than the a few hours to complete both. 

First up…..

A very simple Patriotic Wreath.   I actually had an inspiration photo in my files for along time.  Since blogging I try to save the website with the photo so that I can give credit to the source but because I have had this in my files for so long I not sure where to give credit.  Sorry

Red felt wreath for 4th of July

The wreath is so simple I think that’s why I love it so much.  Plus, my house sits about 800 feet from the road so most wreaths that I hang on my front door just look like dark blobs but not this one!  It just pops out and screams

“I’m Proud to be an American!”

wreath form

I started with a blank wreath-form bought many years ago, I believe, from the Dollar Store.  About 6 years ago, a Dollar Store opened up in my town.  Less than two years later it closed.  Have you ever know a Dollar Store to close it’s door?  Needless to say, I have not been to a Dollar Store in years.

attaching floral foam to wreath form

Next, I cut up one floral foam into several pieces and held it to the frame with floral wire.

appling red felt to wreath form

I guess I got a little excited working on this project because I forgot to take some photographs.  Here is what I did- I cut 3”x3” squares out of red felt and used hot glue and a crochet hook to poke the center of the felt square into the floral foam.

Patriotic Wreath

Added a blue ribbon and white star and called it finished!

The blue ribbon came off a fleece blanket that I purchased years ago!  It had Velcro on the ends making it so easy to make a loop!  Can you tell I try to not let anything go to waste?

Patroitic red, white, and blue Wreath

I love this wreath!  It didn’t dawn on me until I was actually hanging the wreath that I could use this over again for Christmas and Valentine’s Day! 

Next up…..

Patriotic Vinyl Wooden Blocks

I cut up some left over 1x4 boards into three blocks, routered the edges with a round-over bit, painted the blocks, distressed the edges, and cut some vinyl on the Cricut machine.  I found this font by Googling “Patriotic Fonts”.

USA wooden blocks- Patriotic Craft

I  just love quick and an easy projects!

Linking up to these fun parties – go and check out all the projects!

Carrie

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...