MX Nationals

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Loretta Race

I’m going to take a break from blogging.  Not because I want to but because where I am going does not have great service.  I will be at Loretta Lynn’s Dude Ranch in TN for the amateur motocross nationals.  I know… weird place for a motocross race but this is the biggest of the year for an amateur motocross racer. 

Loretta's Lynn's MX start

The story goes that Loretta’s husband was a huge fan of dirt bikes and dirt bike racing.   He built a track and only one week out of the year is the track raced on.     Between tore-up nervous, feeling like the sun literally sat down on the place, being stuck in an RV for 10 days, and being around all the male testosterone,  I most certainly do not call this a vacation!  Plus, and this a biggie, my husband’s boss went in to the hospital a week ago and he won’t be able to go out with us.  I’ve been to races before were it’s just me and the kids but like I said before, THIS. IS. THE. BIGGEST. RACE. OF. THE. YEAR.  

Over 22,000 riders will try out to attend this one race.  A rider must pass through at both a local and regional level in order to qualify to go onto the top national ranking.  Just going to the nationals earns you the right to say that you  are ONE OF THE TOP 40 FASTEST RIDERS IN THE NATION FOR YOUR AGE!  You must be physically fit in order to race this demanding track for 20 minute plus 2 lap all in a 100+ temperatures!   

I so proud of my son for making 5 years!   

But after the crazy busy weeks that I have had, I am afraid that I will be bored out of my mind!  What will I do for 10 days while the boys are outside running around, swimming,  racing golf cards (if you aren’t on a dirt bike you find the next best thing to race), scouting out girls, jumping off high cliffs, and attending all the other functions that they have planned when the boys are not on the track racing?  I have been racking my brain to come up with something (a craft or two) that I can do to keep my hands busy.  With all the other prep work that it has taken to get ready, I don’t even have the time to prepare a craft anyways. 

Looks like I will be reading a lot, taking my usual morning walk (about 3 miles) up by Loretta’s house, editing photographs, and getting some much needed rest. 

Amaze Me Monday will continue!  Please come back and link to the party.

Carrie

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...