Before Blogging Project- Wall Paper Projects in the Kitchen

Thursday, August 25, 2011

The last “Throwback Thursday” I showed you my Breakfast Room Curtains, so I thought I would continue in the kitchen with some more before blogging projects.

Wall-Paper-Projects

Not knowing what to do with the space between the cabinets and the ceiling, I added a wallpaper boarder to give a splash of a color and pattern, allowing me to minimize the accessories.

Christmas Kitchen

I know a few of you went crazy asking me questions about the tri-fold screen that you all catch a glimpse of when I showed my kitchen decorated for the holidays. 

wall-paper-screen

I have a corner sink and knew right away that I need help hiding the dust and cobwebs that would gather back in that far corner that I could not reach so I made myself this tri-fold screen.   I removed it from behind the sink so that I could photograph it better. (okay, the truth is that there are dirty dishes in the sink and I haven’t had time I have made one of the kids do them yet.) 

Here’s how I did it:

cut out three boards to a shape that I liked, the green is the ceiling paint, the center is a creamy white, I went around the outside with a gold paint pen,  ModPodge the wallpaper cut out to the center of each screen, applied a crackle finish, added a dark Umber glaze to highlight the crackle, and finally combined them together with a hinge.

Wall-paper-screen-cut-out

Close up of the cut out wallpaper and crackle finish.

Wall-Paper-Screen-Project

Close up of gold paint pen finish, and hinges.

Wall-paper-cut-out-kitchen-clock

The same treatment I used to make a coordinating clock

Wall-paper-Trivet

and trivet.

The trivet was made by my Dad.  He framed a floor tile and added little wooden balls to the bottom side.  I add a picture hook to the back side allowing me to hang the trivet when not in use, doubling as artwork.

Wall-Paper-Trivet-close-up

Close-up of trivet and crackle finish.

I have already had a busy morning…. cleaned the truck, sanded down the chest that I bought at the local flea market (oh, haven’t seen the chest yet?  Follow me on Facebook), washed down the siding and the back deck, edited and wrote this very post, and now I need to take a quick shower and go to work! 

Linking to Before Blogging Throwback Thursday Party

Hope you have a productive day as well,

 

 

Carrie

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...