Amaze Me Monday #40

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hello my fellow Americans,

I want to start by saying yes, I remember where I was at exactly 8:45 on September 11, 2001. 

I will never forget! 

I just arrived home with my youngest son after taking the two oldest kiddos to school, when my husband called telling me the news.  I ran to turn on the television and I narrating to him what I was witnessing.  I honestly couldn’t believe my eyes and remember telling him that it looked like a Hollywood movie starring Bruce Willis. 

How did 9-11 change me?   

I couldn’t help but think that things would never be the same.  Mostly financially.    I became a huge “coupon~oisseaur” (making up my own word).  I was obsessed, taking my daughter out with me at midnight to grocery shop the eve of triple coupon weekend!  If you have ever hauled away an entire back seat of groceries (two shopping carts) and paying less than $30 would you understand the “high” one gets.  

I then slowly read my way through the entire “finical section” of our local library!  I read every book I could get my hands on (for free) about personal finances.  Which only left me more confused.  Until I discovered Dave Ramsey.  A true hero if you ask me.  Ramsey takes all the important things you need to do and simplifies it into an easy step~by~step program.   I was able to get our family “debt-free” (minus the mortgage) with Dave’s help. 

How has 9-11 changed your life?

Carrie

 

Amaze Me Monday Blog Party Link Up

Dittle Dattle

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...