Copycat Felt Owl iPhone Cover!

Saturday, September 17, 2011


In my five feature friday post yesterday I featured an adorable iPhone owl case from Justine @ Kerr-afty Creations! I said it was on my to-do list, and I got it done fast!!

I started by laying my phone on the felt to guesstimate how large my felt needed to be.  I left a little bit of excess on the edge and cut the felt long-ways so I would have a little flap at the top.


Then I started cutting out pieces.  I started with the bottom wings, then added the rest of the pieces.


Here it is all pieced together ready to be sewn.


I used orange stitching around the main body, then pink stitching around the eyes and nose.  I was going to add a button to the back and have a loop clasp, but I didn't feel like it tonight.  I might add it later! :)


Here it is with the flap up.


Here is the back with the flap folded in.


I think she's precious! Thanks again, Justine for the inspiration!!


I think these would make adorable Christmas gifts! I bought a bunch of felt today and I plan on making felt owl ornaments to give out this Christmas!

Cheers!
Keeping It SimpleDomestically SpeakingAnything RelatedTuesday To Do PartyPhotobucketPhotobucketSomewhat Simple Catch a Glimpse ButtonTransformation ThursdayHookingupwithHoHSuzy's Artsy Craftsy SitcomPhotobucketfreckled laundryThe Shabby Nestbutton+FTF.jpgDesigner GardenUndertheTableandDreamingPhotobucketPhotobucket36th Avenue504 Main

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...