Festively Fall!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011


I typically don't decorate the inside of my house for the change in seasons.  We didn't even have a Christmas tree last year!  I just like to make a new wreath and update the potted plants on the porch.

The plants on the front porch finally kicked the bucket.  Since I've been out of town for rotations, the Hubby has been responsible for watering my plants.  Yeah, he 'forgot.'  You can see them in all their dead glory below:


I love my Summer wreath, so I'll be storing that to use again next year.  I found an adorable felt wreath by Tatum at Keep It Simple, Sister!  I decided to use that as my inspiration.  I threw some dried corn in the wreath for fun and used leftover burlap from my old wreath to hang it!




I decided to pull out the dead plants from my planter and put in pumpkins!  I wrapped it with burlap, also leftover from my old wreath.



Here is a close-up of the painted numbers - 700 is our address, in case you were wondering why I chose those numbers!


I bought these sweet little mini things at the same place I bought the pumpkins.  They were 2/$1.00, and the pumpkins were $2.00 each!


But, here's my dilemma!  I snapped a photo of the pumpkins before I painted on the numbers, and I can't decided which way I like it.


So I need your help!  Do you like the pumpkins better with, or without the house numbers?  At least this is an easy fix if I decide I don't like the numbers.  I can just turn the pumpkins around!

Lastly, I also bought a mum from the same place I purchased the pumpkins.  If you are near Murfreesboro, TN, the store I like to go to is called Martin's and is located off of Murfreesboro road!  They always have a wonderful selection and great quality plants!  I bought one that had not bloomed yet so I would get to see every single bloom! That was a tip from my father-in-law, the plant whisperer.  He said it's best to buy a plant before it blooms!


It will either be white and yellow, or a burnt orange color.  Not sure!

So here is my front porch all decked out in fall! I can't wait to see the mum bloom!


All I need for fall to be complete is for Mother Nature to cooperate!

Cheers!
Keeping It SimpleDomestically SpeakingAnything RelatedTuesday To Do PartyPhotobucketmommahenscoopPhotobucketSomewhat Simple Catch a Glimpse ButtonTransformation ThursdayHookingupwithHoHSuzy's Artsy Craftsy SitcomPhotobucketfreckled laundryThe Shabby Nestbutton+FTF.jpgDesigner GardenUndertheTableandDreamingPhotobucketPhotobucket36th Avenue504 Main

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...