New Pillows for the Living Room!

Monday, September 19, 2011


This is the LAST week of my pediatric rotation! So hard to believe that six weeks have flown by!  I'm very excited to be able to move home again, but I will also miss my rotation.  The doctor I've been studying under is wonderful!  So much so, that I got peed on today and I just laughed!  Six weeks ago if a kid peed on me, the last thing I would have done would be to laugh. 

While I've been back and forth between Chattanooga and Nashville I haven't really had time to work on big furniture projects, so I've been tackling small craft projects.  After I got my amazing pillowcase from Bonnie I decided to update the rest of my pillows. 

First I got a fun stencil from Michaels and painted a piece of fabric.  I made the pillow cases to be 18x18.


I then mixed acrylic paint with a little bit of water until it was pancake batter consistency.  Here is the fabric half-way stenciled.


I also used painter's tape and acrylic paint to make a chevron print, but it was a last minute decision and I didn't take any photos.  The last pillow I made was a large birdie to implement the birds from Bonnie's pillowcase.  Here they are in their new home!





Here is what the pillows looked like before:

You can tell my hubby uses Bonnie's pillowcase - it's all wrinkly!


The green chevron is kind of worn and patchy looking, but I don't mind!  I also need to add a turquoise stitching to the birdie.


This was my FIRST sewing project! LOL! So my pillow cases are a little ghetto and will probably be switched out eventually, but I had fun making them!


Hope you all have a great week!

Cheers!
Keeping It SimpleDomestically SpeakingAnything RelatedTuesday To Do PartyPhotobucketmommahenscoopPhotobucketSomewhat Simple Catch a Glimpse ButtonTransformation ThursdayHookingupwithHoHfreckled laundryThe Shabby Nestbutton+FTF.jpgDesigner GardenUndertheTableandDreamingPhotobucketPhotobucket36th Avenue504 Main

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...