Organized Desktop

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Are you an organized person? 

Does organization come easy to you?

I think we all strive to make our lives orderly and with little chaos as possible.  I like to think I am an organized person by nature. My zodiac sign is Virgo.  A quick search on Google:

Your Most Likeable traits: Conscientious, Organized & Energetic

 

With that being said, when it comes to my computer it’s a constant struggle to keep files and folders arrange in a matter that allows for easy retrieval.   I like a clean desktop, but at the same time I like to keep my most recent thoughts on my desktop.  I find if I tuck everything away then I fall pray to “Out of sight, Out of mind” mentality.

With my limited Photoshop skills I created a desktop wallpaper to organized my files, folders, and thoughts!

IMG_9879

I started by right clicking on my computer screen to find out the screen resolution.  Once I knew that I opened and set a new page in Photoshop the same size as my monitor.  Then I just played around with some digital scrapbook paper from Summertime Designs.

I thought about adding post-it note and/or sticky notes on my desktop but honestly I am a visual person and gravitate to photographs more than I do words. 

I was so excited of my new wallpaper that I just had to show the kiddos.   My daughter’s first words are, “Yeah, it’s nice, but Dad isn’t going to like it!”  

umm… that’s okay because it’s MY computer. 

and I. LOVE. IT!

***Only a few hours left to get in on the 500 pcs. letterhead giveaway from Uprinting!  I’ll be back later today to announce the winner.

Carrie

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...