Shopping, Shopping, & more Shopping

Thursday, September 1, 2011

It seems like around this time of year I do a bit more shopping than usual. 

It usually starts around mid August and last till the 16th of September.  That date is my birthday and I have a way of justifying numerous purchases by stating “it’s for my birthday!” 

Please tell me I’m not the only one who does this?

It started with this purchase back in August.

Smart-phone

I already had a smart phone but honestly it didn’t seem very smart because there was very little that I could do with it.  After three years of living with the old dog, I broke down and got an iPhone.  Wow, so this what owning a (real) smart phone is like!  I am lovin’ it!!!  (after I learned how to use a touch screen.  Literally took me 15 minutes to type out my first 6 word text message!)

HOWEVER, my teenage daughter mentioned to me that I should be careful when texting or emailing someone because it likes to GUESS at what word you want to use and changes it.  I went back through some of my messages and oh boy….. did it ever!  I apologize if you were one of the recipients of those early messages. 

Also, the delete button and the reply button are right next to each other.  I did accidently erase a couple of messages/conversations when in fact I wanted to reply.  Again, I am so sorry if you asked me a question or we were talking right along and I never got back to you.  I guess in some cases you do need to be smarter than your phone.

clip-art  Have you ever hear of “Blacklion”?

I’m not sure if it’s a local thing, but it’s a huge store (think like super Wal-Mart huge) that is full of home décor, accessories, and furniture!  Even walking through quickly took about 2 hours!

blacklion

Isle after isle of beautiful eye candy!

Blacklion collage

What I brought home….

square-silver-plate

Silver-star-plate

and some incredibly soft creamy white fabric! (not photographed)

clip-art

PB-mercury-pumpkins

Miss Becca from Adventures in Decorating “PINNED”  a photo on Pinterest that caught my eye….. Pottery Barn Mercury Glass Pumpkins!    I really wanted these.  A whole pumpkin patch of them, please.

I thought I would humor myself and hop over to the PB website.  There they were with FREE shipping!   Uhhh, the agony.  I wanted them but still couldn’t bring myself to checkout.  Until….. an email popped up from PB with a 10% off code!  SOLD

I sure there are more splurges that have been made and will be made, but there really is no reason to completely rat myself out!  lol.

Carrie

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...