Trash~2~Treasure

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

After completing my recent large projects, I was in the mood for something quick and easy.

trash-to-treasure

I found this garden pedestal in the neighbor’s yard that they left behind, after they moved out a few years ago.  The pedestal was missing something off the top.  I believe it use to be an orb.   It’s been sitting down in the children’s playhouse just waiting for me to make something fabulous out of it. 

My immediate thought was to replace the small glass orb that once sat on top, but I never found one that was small enough or that I liked.   So I needed to come up with a new idea.  Lamp?  Wouldn’t this make a cute lamp base?  and it would be easy enough to do too, but like I said I wanted a project that was both  quick and easy. 

Instead, I created a candle stick.

garden-pedistal-candle-stick

I lightly sprayed the base with ORB (oil-rubbed bronze) spray paint, and with a dry brush,  used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White to go over the top. 

For the top, I glued (E6000) a glass vase to the top.

Garden-Candle-Stick-for-fall

There you go……  a quick and easy project.

As you can see, I’m slowly bring out the fall décor.

clip-art

Please enter the

Giveaway

going on now.

500 pcs. custom letterhead or stationary!!!

Ends tomorrow at noon (est. time)

Carrie

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...