Two Birds, One Stone

Friday, September 16, 2011

Hello Everybody!! 

I hope everyone is having a great day.  My kids are diligently working to get their school work done this morning so that we can have some fun this afternoon.  Woo hoo!  But before we head out I wanted to show you a little trash-2-treasure project I did yesterday. 

[thrift%2520store%2520bin%255B3%255D.jpg]

Remember this storage box that I purchased back in July?

Well, I finally did something with it!

Monogram wall art

The top was cut loose from the base of the box, adhered my DIY Wooden Letter to the front, and add a metal scroll thingy to the top.

Recycled Monogram Art

I love a project that comes together fast using only things that you have laying around the house!

Ebony Stained Wicker box top

The box had some obvious wear and tear.  So to mask it, I coated the top with a little Ebony stain (left over from the stair rails).

Artwork in the Foyer

I love this project but it does look a little bare all by itself.  Time for a shopping trip!

clip-art

But wait….

there’s more…..

(Don’tcha just love them “Seen On TV” ads???)

What about the bottom of the box????

Planter box

What a perfect fit! 

My faux plant’s original base was really cry out for help!  The whole base fit perfectly in the box!  I just added a little Spanish moss to the top.

Recycled Planter Faux Plant box

Have a great weekend!  See everyone back here Sunday evening for Amaze Me Monday blog party.

Carrie

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...