Guest Post: Heather from Banana Pudding

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Today, we have the privilege of having a special guest post with a delicious recipe. (And for some reason, there are huge spaces between the bullets...sorry.  I have edited it, but blogger apparently has a mind of its own today.  If you know how to fix it, please help! UPDATE: An awesome reader told me to check the HTML and I did, and had to delete a few things, and it is more normal now...yay!) :)  I will let Heather take it from here:

Hey ya'll! This is Heather from the blog Banana Pudding! I am a crafty college student from Tennessee and I am so thankful that Stephanie decided to feature me today. I have some great recipes and tutorials over at my blog, so please come by for a visit! I thought I would share with you today my mini apple pie recipe. These are so yummy and perfect for this time of year! I promise they are easy as pie and so delicious!


 Here is the recipe, and you can find the original post here!

Ingredients:

  • 6 apples peeled cored and chopped

  • 1/2 cup water

  • 4 tbsp sugar set aside 2 tbsp for topping

  • 2 3/4 tsp cinnamon set aside 3/4 tsp for topping

  • 1 tbsp honey

  • 2 tbsp brown sugar

  • 1 tbsp cornstarch

  • 1 pkg of refrigerated rolled pie crust

  • 1/2 stick of butter melted

  • Parchment paper

  • Cookie sheet oven safe

    Directions



  • Mix together 2 tbsp of sugar and 3/4 tbsp of cinnamon and put aside.

  • Put chopped apples and water in a large pot and boil at medium heat for about 15 minutes.

  • Stir in honey, cinnamon, sugar, and brown sugar.

  • Then turn down to low and simmer for about 30 minutes, until apples are tender but still have some of their shape.

  • Now stir in cornstarch to get filling to desired thickness.

  • Preheat oven to 425 Degrees F.

  • Roll out pie crust dough and cut into 4 triangles. There are 2 rolls in the box, so this will make a    total of 8 triangles.

  • Place them on parchment paper on a oven safe cookie sheet.

  • Add a spoonful of filling onto the dough triangles.

  • Bring up the ends and pinch them together, to make sort of an apple pouch.

  • Brush the tops of the pies with melted butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.

  • Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until they are golden brown. Yield: serves 8

    Notes:

    -You can use any type of refrigerated dough you like.

    -You can mix equal parts powdered sugar and water and drizzle over the top for a nice glaze.

    -The measurements are going to be based on the sweetness of your apples and the size of your batch.


    Thanks so much again for having me! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

    And make sure to stop by my blog and check out more yummy recipes, these crafty posts below, and so much more! :)





    Yum!  Those look delicious!  Make sure to check out Heather's blog!  She has some really cute ideas!


  • Labels: ,

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    AD

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...