My Advent Calendar

Monday, November 28, 2011

Now that Thanksgiving is over, it is time to prepare for Christmas.  I have to tell you that I LOVE the Christmas season!  Everything about it makes me happy.  I love the Christmas songs, the decorations, the food, the shopping and hustle and bustle, the Christmas spirit around us, gift giving, and especially the real meaning...the Birth of Christ!

I would like to share with you, the Advent Calendar I made.  It is a fun project!



Can you tell what it's made out of?
 

Yes!  A mini muffin pan!

We had a scrapbooking weekend at my Mom's house a while back.  Everybody made one of these.  It was neat to see how they all turned out!  Even though the base craft and idea are the same, everybody's looked very unique.  One was all in blue and white, one in pinks, another was not color coordinated at all.  They all were beautiful! 

Having an advent calendar has become a tradition in our home.  Instead of candy, Santa's helper leaves little fun notes, coins, or fun things for the kids to do.  They love it!  Two years ago, one of the days had a note that told them they would sleep under the Christmas tree that night.  Simple, but they haven't forgotten and they thought it was great!  Last year they went on a scavenger hunt around the house to find a little gift.

If you would like to make one of these adorable Advent Calendars, all you need is a 24 cup mini muffin pan, a sheet of magnet, paper and embellishments.
I cut magnet first, then glued on the paper and embellishments. Each square is 2 1/4 inches.

You can get as creative as you'd like.  That is the fun part!



Labels: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...