A Chair Fit For A QUEEN!

Sunday, January 22, 2012


This chair is another prime example of my decorating ADD.  I first refinished this chair into a vibrant blue last October.  I loved it - but after I painted the office dark gray, I wasn't feeling the blue with the gray.

I thought a wild pink would look so much better! And it does!

I primed it, then painted it two different shades of pink.  I put them on quickly and real sloppy - I didn't want the chair to look "new." 

After the paint dried, I made up a glaze with one of the pinks and added a little purple to it.  This made it more of a berry color.  I used the berry glaze instead of the traditional antiquing glaze.  LOVE IT!

Now it's a chair fit for a QUEEN! AKA me! :)





Below you can see the progression of the chair.

I kind of feel bad for the chair right now, because it is dark and rainy, and in a dark grey office.  So the lighting doesn't do it justice.  Believe me, it looks awesome!



Be sure to stop by tomorrow!  I'm part of an entire week of giveaways over at my pal Bonnie's blog,

Cheers!
Domestically SpeakingPhotobucketmommahenscoopPhotobucket Catch a Glimpse ButtonTransformation ThursdayHookingupwithHoHFurniture Feature Fridaysfreckled laundryThe Shabby Nest36th Avenue504 Main

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...