Buffet Makeover

Thursday, March 8, 2012

We've had this secondhand buffet sitting in our living room for about two years now. I knew I wanted to eventually paint it and bring a more updated and fresh color in the room that we spend most of our time in. So, for the last two days I have been prepping and painting this buffet along with freshening up two side tables from our living room as well... and revamping a patio coffee table in the mix {a post to come later}.  



The buffet really brightens up our living room and I'm so pleased how it turned out. The beautiful details just seem to pop since I painted it.


I did have some help from my husband, tearing off the top layer of water damaged laminate, scraping and sanding it down to the natural wood top. This was the most tedious task in the whole makeover, but so worth it.


While all of that was going on, I decided to paint the two side tables and complete our patio coffee table. It's amazing what paint can do to a piece of furniture! I'm so excited because I feel like I have three NEW pieces of furniture in our living room. 


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great weekend!

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...