Spring Mantel

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I just wanted to share with you the spring mantel I put together at our store. I gathered a few of my favorite things... architectural pieces, fresh greenery, a mirror, vintage books, old keys, and glassware. Then I added a few handmade items in the mix.



I took a plain frame- painted and distressed it, made fabric flowers, added my initial, a bird nest and eggs then hung it with burlap ribbon for a natural looking spring wreath. 



I layered moss in a silver container, added a small bright floral arrangement, and a fern for some fresh greenery.


This charming mantel was salvaged from New Orleans. Some of my favorite characteristics about this old mantel is the detailed curved top along with the years of chipped and layered paint- in all the right places. 



Happy Spring. Thanks for stopping by!

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...