New Dresser & A Bedroom Update

Wednesday, May 30, 2012


Last week I decided it was time to change several pieces of furniture in our master bedroom. After almost five years of the furniture being in the same position, I thought it needed a few tweaks here and there just to freshen it up a bit. It all started with this beautiful dresser we found several months ago. After painting it and adding stain to the top it's now one of the main centerpieces in our bedroom. I'm loving the new look!



It has such beautiful details.


Isn't it funny how you can bring one new piece of furniture in a room and then the whole space needs to be rearranged. This happens almost every time to me. My motto in my home is "If you bring one new thing in, then something else needs to go out." It's hard for me not to put everything out at once when I'm accessorizing my home. I've learned to store away some accessories and then rotate items in when I want to use them. Sometimes "less is more."



I've added personal touches throughout the bedroom. It's all the small, personal details that make a room feel special. I added a Hungarian cucumber jar a friend bought for me, a silver vase (that was given to us as a wedding gift) filled with dried hydrangeas, vintage brass keys on a ring, a white bird, faded old books, a mixture of lamps, an antique gold mirror that I found last year, painted-refurbished furniture mixed with our natural wood furniture, an antique screen, sheet music- metal side table, some of my favorite photos, a needlepoint pillow, a distressed mirror, old pottery, silk drapes, and woven baskets for extra storage. 



Our antique radio stand- turned TV console fits perfect on a small wall in the master bedroom.





Thanks for stopping by.


I'm sharing with The 36th Avenue, Savvy Southern Style, DIY by Design, Southern Lovely, Not Just a Housewife, Delightful Order, No Minimalist Here, Imparting Grace, Chic on a Shoestring, Addicted to Decorating, At The Picket Fence, Miss Mustard Seed, Funky Junk Interiors, Finding Fabulous, The Winthrop Chronicles, The Shabby Nest, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Rooted in Thyme, Common Ground, French Country Cottage, The Charm of Home, Redoux, Stuff and Nonsense, Simple Home Life, One Artsy Mama, My Romantic Home, 504 Main, My Repurposed Life, Liz Marie Blog, Sassy Sites, Embracing Change, It's Overflowing, Primp, Primitive and Proper, 413 Sparrow Laneand 5 Days 5 Ways.

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...