Bloggy Olympics - Paint Event!!

Saturday, June 23, 2012

It's here!!!!

Finally - Team Paint is ready to represent!

Just in case you forgot who my awesome teammates are:
Primitive & Proper
Cassie from Primitive & Proper

Gwen from The Bold Abode



Don't forget to stop by Let Birds Fly, Shaken Together, and Adventures in Dinner later this week to check out all the Kitchen Event medal winners!

Now for TEAM PAINT!
Today I promised you all a project full of stain, spray paint, and chalkboard paint goodness!

I started with this little gem I found off of craigslist.  Just a cute little chest with a bad stain job.

Insert five million hours of sanding and I now had this little gem:


Naked and ready for some loving!  Ummmm...

Yeah, so I started with the same stain I used for my office desk.  I wanted to stain the top, bottom, and middle in dark walnut so I taped those areas off and stained.


Once everything was dry I used a some spray paint and a stencil to create a real vintage, hand styled type name on the top of the chest.



Originally I wanted the name to be crisp and perfect, but this is how it turned out so I went with it.  I think it just looks more vintage and aged.  I kinda like the imperfection!


Oh, what's that you said?  You thought I mentioned chalkboard paint?

BAM!


The inside of the lid opens up and acts like a little chalkboard!

One of my friends asked me to make this toy chest for her friend that is having a baby - she totally came up with the design and the chalkboard lid idea! I loved it!

I added the little hinge thing so the top wouldn't fall on little fingers.


So there you have it!  A little bit of stain, paint, and loving turned a boring old chest into an adorable custom toy chest!


NOW IT'S YOUR TURN!

You guys have all week to go wild and make your own paint-inspired projects to enter into the bloggy olympics!

Gwen, Cassie and I will all be back this Thursday, June 28th @ 7pm hosting a linky party for you to link up all your awesome projects! You can create something similar to our projects or go crazy and just create anything with paint!

Speaking of paint, want to win these paints?


Head on over to The Bold Abode to check out the deets!

Cheers!

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...