12 Days of Christmas--Day 7

Friday, November 9, 2012

I am about twelve hours late on this post--but I told myself it was okay.  I got so many sweet comments and well wishes when I told you I was tired--thank you.  I have worked on 12 pieces of furniture this past week--all special orders and had waxed 9 of them on Wednesday, plus built 2 sofa tables.  I was happy to get so much accomplished, but wiped out.  A good night's sleep, a little quiet time Thursday morning and I was good to go.  I had to move my building and painting to the garage as it snowed and we are expecting more and below zero temps.  I love being able to work in the fresh outdoors with natural light, but thankful to have a garage to work in too.  Okay, enough about me--here is your "gift" for the day:

On the seventh day of Christmas Beyond the Picket Fence gave to me, a little crate that is sweet like candy.

Now lest you think I have started dovetailing my boxes, I have not.  This was rescued from the high school shop class bonfire pile (the rejected projects get saved for a bonfire).  Unfortunately, they were not able to have their usual homecoming bonfire because of a burn ban.  Luckily for me, I was able to rescue a few things, three of which were boxes that the kids had practiced dovetails on.  These "boxes" were just four sides, no top or bottom to them.  I used pallet wood to make a crate bottom.
I came up with this fun company name and tagline on my own and hand painted it on the box, after designing and printing it.  I rubbed chalk on the back of the paper to transfer it on the red paint.
I added my usual belt handles
to complete this fun box.
Now it is your turn to link up your Christmas ideas.  This linky party will remain open through Christmas.  I will be sharing it every day of my 12 Days of Christmas.  There will be no 12 days of Christmas posts on Sundays or Wednesdays, I will share my regular Sunday Verses and linky party on those days.  Please read the linky party rules, thanks!

12 Days of Christmas Linky Party Rules

1.  Please link up only Christmas or other winter holiday (i.e. Hanukkah, Kwanzaa) ideas.
2.  Please include my 12 Days of Christmas button on your blog or a link back to my blog.
3.  Please visit each other's posts and comment.
4.  No direct links to items you are selling.
Thank you--have fun!
**STOP--Before you link up PLEASE read rules, this is a holiday linky party, thanks!!

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...