Parmesan Roasted Asparagus

Monday, November 5, 2012

 This is probably OLD news for most of you, but I'm posting it on the small chance that you were oblivious like me. I had NO idea that roasted asparagus were so delicious! And EASY!
All you do is rinse your asparagus, and trim the hard stalk ends if necessary. Toss 'em on a oven safe pan, drizzle a couple of tablespoons of olive oil on them, and top with salt and pepper. Roast at 400 degrees for 10-17 minutes, depending on the thickness of your spears. Mine were the skinniest I've ever seen, and they took about 10 minutes. Just peek at them so they don't overcook and get mushy and dark. For the last 4-5 minutes top them with shredded Parmesan cheese and put them back in the oven for it to melt.
 Here is a peek at my lunch today! I saved a handful last night, so that I could bake some fresh today.

 I made these for dinner last night with stuffing, and the roasted chicken (below) and I could NOT stop eating them! Even my KIDS asked for more!!! What?!

In case you're wondering the chicken was delicious. I didn't plan on blogging about it, so I neglected to take an "after" picture. It was stuffed with a few big slices of onion, sprigs of rosemary, a couple of celery stalks, and a garlic clove. I put butter under the skin, and on top, with kosher salt and cracked pepper. Bake that baby in an oven bag to seal in the juice and YUM, YUM!

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...