Dreaming of a White Christmas

Friday, December 7, 2012

As I mentioned earlier, I am decorating in a white theme for Christmas this year.  I have already shown you my wool tree skirtmade from a thrift store blanket and sweater and paper garland,

my white light and snowflake valance hanging on a chippy rake handle,
my white centerpiece in a doll cradle,
 and my white star made on the back of my "norrmal" window art.
Next to my white star on the shelf  I put together this little vignette:
I made the "tree" out of a cardstock cone and sheet music.  I set it on a candlestick that I use year  round.
I painted and decoupaged and glittered a thrift store birdhouse
 and added a snowflake doily and some white bottle brush trees.
I shared you my stockings a few years ago.  This year I added a couple garlands I made.
I think I need to make a wood sign to hand above the stockings and under the clock.  I am thinking it will say, "And the stockings were hung".
I made a little wool pillow from the body of the sweater that I used for my tree skirt circles.

And to finish off my white theme, we were blessed with a fresh layer of white snow last night.  No dreaming necessary here--I am living the dream!
Find more great Christmas ideas at Funky Junk Interiors. and at Inspired by Charm 


Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...