A Pretty Pendant

Friday, January 4, 2013

 I wanted to make something special for my Sisters and Mom for Christmas this year, but I didn't have much to spend.  I scored big time with these pendants from PickYourPlum a few months ago and I've been hanging on to them until I figured out how I wanted to finish them.

I love making all things pretty, and when I get out my jewelry making supplies, the kids always want to join me.

Good times.
This project takes a few days for the Gel Medium to dry so if you plan on making some, set aside 2-3 days.  But after that, maybe 30 minutes total. 

 Easy.  Quick.

Above is the images I made in Photoshop for all the girls in my family.  
I just printed them out on cardstock.  
I believe they print to a 1 inch square size.

Next, get your supplies.  I'm using Mod Podge to stick the paper to the pendant.
Then Glossy Accents to create the gel covering over the pendant.  
It dries hard like a stone and makes the Monogram stand out beautifully.




There are two styles of pendants.  I cut the monograms to fit the oval pendant shape.
Next use the Mod Podge to glue the paper down.  Let dry completely.

When that is done use the Glossy Accent to fill in the space.  Do not shake the bottle.  
Bubbles are not your friend!
Start in the center and spiral the gel towards the outer edge trying to keep things even and smooth.
Inevitably there will be bubbles, so use a straight pin to poke them.


 Continue with all the pendants.  Make sure they lay flat to dry.  
That's why there is paper towel under a few of them because the top loop prevents the pendant from laying flat.  Put them in a super safe out of the way place.  
Mine went on the shelf at the top of my closet.  Let them sit for 24 hours. 
 The gel will dry clear.  I added another coat to the deeper pendants.  
Again let dry for 24 hours.


 Now it's time to assemble them.  
I used beading wire to create the strands of beads and added the charm at the end of the long one.  
You can't tell in this photo, but the charm says Love.  
Simple.  
Elegant.



 Here's what it looks like on.
Pretty.


{H} if you are reading this, yours is in the mail.  I promise! ;)

PS.. I just got featured at Beyond the Picket Fence.  I'm so excited!

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...