Island Dreaming

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I am on day 4 of being home with a sick girl.  Thankfully, she is feeling a bit better--I am getting a pedicure right now from her :).  I am also dreaming of being on a beach, somewhere warm and sandy, sort of like this picture:

And I am also itching to build, but the garage is about at zero right now so I am stuck inside painting.  Which is good too, but I want to build something big like an island. Also, today on HGTV's Design on a Dime they were excited to make a kitchen island out of an old dresser for $400.  I thought, "Heck, I can make one for less than $25!"  But, until I get to do that, I thought I'd share a few islands I have made in the past.

I think this is the first one I made from an old folding, deck chair.

I made another one from the other chair.

I made this island from a roadside desk, an oil drip pan, and other elements.


This isn't really island but a fun kitchen piece I made for wine or other storage.  I made it from old bed part I found in an alley.

And here are a few of my recent islands, one from an old wagon,

and one from pallets.

What about you?  Doing any warm weather dreaming?  What are you working on?

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...