Out Of This World Waffle Recipe

Saturday, July 10, 2010

My friend, Shannon, introduced me to the healthful properties of coconut oil, and I've been working on incorporating it into daily lives.  I was surprised by it's many beneficial uses, and have been experimenting with substituting it recipes we enjoy.

I will start out by warning you that the following recipe is dangerous and addictive.  Eating a whole batch of waffles in one sitting is not healthy or beneficial in any way, and one should never make this recipe while home alone.  There, I've done my duty and warned you all!

With that said, my family has declared these to be the best waffles in the world.  They are easy to make, and the recipe can be adjusted to any type of wheat flour you desire.  I prefer a combination of hard and soft wheat, but these can also be made with straight whole wheat or, dare I say it, straight all~purpose flour. I have not experimented with non-wheat flours, but if you do, please let us know how it turns out and I will reprint that information with a link to this post.

Lisa's Out Of This World Waffles

2 1/2 cups flour (any kind or combination of wheat flours)
1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
2 large eggs
2 1/2 cups milk (can use fresh or sour)
3/4 cup melted coconut oil, or vegetable oil

Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.  Stir. Combine eggs and milk in seperate bowl and whisk together. Add to flour mixture, then add oil.  Stir with a whisk or beaters just until all ingredients are moistened.  Cook in preheated waffle iron.  Keep warm in low degree oven until ready to serve. 

You can also cool and freeze these yummy waffles, then re~warm in toaster or oven.  They are truly delicious.

Linking up to Beauty & Bedlam's Tasty Tuesday

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...