12 Days of Christmas--Day 6

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

On the sixth day of Christmas Beyond the Picket Fence gave me, a knifecicle to hang on my tree.  Yes, I said knifecicle.

These are quick and easy.  I am showing them on an outdoor tree because doing my 12 Days of Christmas means I don't have my Christmas tree up yet, but also I really like them outdoors.  Not sure if they would survive a Montana winter, but maybe?  They certainly would in a warmer and might bring a little glittery "ice" to some of you who don't get it.  I started with some Modge Podge and Martha glitter.
I brushed the Modge Podge onto the blade of old silver plated knives.
I sprinkled glitter on them and set them carefully on a lid to dry.  When they were dry I sprayed clear sealer on the glitter to seal it. 
I drilled holes through the top and added a sheer ribbon.
I cut the ribbon narrow on one side to get the ribbon through the hole.
I think knifecicles would be beautiful on a typical tree with the lights reflecting off of the silver and glitter or on a bare branch tree like I show.

Now it is your turn to link up your Christmas ideas.  This linky party will remain open through Christmas.  I will be sharing it every day of my 12 Days of Christmas.  There will be no 12 days of Christmas posts on Sundays or Wednesdays, I will share my regular Sunday Verses and linky party on those days.  Please read the linky party rules, thanks!

12 Days of Christmas Linky Party Rules
1.  Please link up only Christmas or other winter holiday (i.e. Hanukkah, Kwanzaa) ideas.
2.  Please include my 12 Days of Christmas button on your blog or a link back to my blog.
3.  Please visit each other's posts and comment.
4.  No direct links to items you are selling.
Thank you--have fun!
**STOP--Before you link up PLEASE read rules, this is a holiday linky party, thanks!!




Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...