Create a Kitchen Focal Point -- with a beadboard cabinet backsplash for less than $10!!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011








Here's a quick update on the kitchen makeover -- 


the cabinets are painted!! 





And last night I added a little detail with some beadboard open shelving.




It's so easy to do!!





All I did was take two cabinet doors off.














Then I bought a sheet of beadboard. 





I measured the openings of the cabinets, and the Home Depot guys cut it for me. 





So easy!!





A sheet of beadboard was $20 and I used less than a third of a sheet for this cabinet.







I bought a sample size of paint --  less than $3 for the paint and got myself an instant kitchen focal point!




 The color I chose was Martha Stewart Rainwater.









I painted the beadboard and then placed it behind the shelves.


The shelves hold the beadboard in place. So I didn't need to even attach the beadboard with adhesive.










Such an easy project. 


And I love the POP of color it adds to my kitchen!!!



(here's a little before shot):











xoxo





I am so excited about this Kitchen Makeover. 


I can't wait to share the whole thing with you!!! 







xoxo





PS -- Another fun "Summer Social" project coming up in the morning from one of the funniest and awesome bloggers around :)










Labels: , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...