Gift Card Holder {Tutorial}

Friday, September 9, 2011

Just in case you missed it, I guest blogged over at My Li'l Pink Pocket last Friday.  
Today I am going to show you how to make this cute little card.  It is not just any card though.  It has a pocket inside for a gift card!


Here is a list of what you will need:
12x12 Scrapbook paper
Ribbon and Other Embellishments
Glue
Paper Cutter/Scissors


 First, you will cut the outer card piece.  It needs to be 12" by 5 3/8."




 The inner piece needs to be 11 5/8" by 5 1/8."



 You can purchase small envelopes, but I cut mine out with my Silhouette. (It is the "library pocket" and it came with my Silhouette.)




 Next, cut a 2x4" piece of paper.  This will be the part you can write a nice little message on.




 I decided to make a clasp closure envelope, so after gluing the envelope, I punched a couple of small holes in the envelope.  Then, I added some rhinestone brads.  Thread some floss through the hole in the flap before inserting the brad and wrap the end around the closed brad to secure it in place.

 Once this is complete, you can glue everything together.  Here is how mine turned out:






 I added a chipboard sticker to the front.  You can embellish it however you would like!  I thought it would be cute to make a flower out of felt too.




 I stitched on the front with my sewing machine to add some fun texture.








Check out where I am linking up here and here.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...