Stenciled Napkin Pillows for my banquette -- with Royal Design Studios!! {tutorial}!!

Thursday, September 8, 2011


 I have been on a bit of a stenciling kick this summer...


stenciled projects


I stenciled a Chevron rug,  a Spray Painted Circle Rug, and then I tackled my kitchen window with some Faux Roman Shades and some painted pillows for my kitchen banquette.






And yesterday I stenciled this rug for my family room -- only with thicker stripes!! It turned out SOOO good!! I'll be sharing that soon. 





I thought it might be fun to make some pillows for my Kitchen Banquette with Royal Design Studio stencils and some white and patterned napkins I found at Target. {these are the Chain Link and Lattice Endless Circle Stencils}





Super easy!!


stenciled napkin pillows header



Here's how to make them -- 

Stenciled Napkin Pillows


stenciled napkin pillows collage


  1. The first thing I did was I mixed up some paint and Martha Stewart’s paint medium. This makes the paint softer and washable.

  2. Then I laid the napkin on my work surface and taped the Royal Design Studio - Chain Link Stencil and Endless Circles Stencil over the top with some painter’s tape.

  3. I used this really cool roller top that fits on top a container and it makes stenciling a breeze. It’s also from Martha Stewart’s new decorative paint line.

  4. Once it was painted, I laid the napkins out to dry.

  5. Then I sewed another napkin to the stenciled side and added a zipper.



So now I have some fun pillows that go with my new kitchen décor AND they were super easy to make!!


stenciled napkin pillows from the side


I love Royal Design Studio because they have amazing, modern design AND their stencils are made out of the highest quality materials and they have guide marks that make lining up the stencils on a wall a breeze.


three stenciled napkin pillows


Have a Fantastic Friday!!!


xoxo







 PS-- Do you love Chevron as much as I do?? Check out the 22 Chevron DIY Ideas I shared on Babble's New Home Ec today :)

 

PPS -- Did I say FRIDAY??? It's my favorite day of the week. Why??? It's almost time for the Weekend Wrap Up Party!! It's YOUR time to show off what YOU have been doing. I love featuring YOU!!! The party starts at 6 pm MST.




See you then!!! 







Labels: , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...