PB Console Table Knock Off

Saturday, September 3, 2011

And the outdoor furniture building continues…..

DIY-Pottery-Barn-Console-Table

I decided I need an outdoor console table when the other night I was out cooking on the grill and I simply didn’t have enough room to sit down all my ingredients.   Don’t you just hate not having enough workspace?

Well wouldn’t you know it, looking though the Pottery Barn catalog, they have a couple of outdoor console tables (with their shocking price tags) that would work perfectly on our deck.

Chesapeake Console Table    Faraday Console Table

                Chesapeake Console Table                                Faraday Console Table

I like the simplicity of the Chesapeake table but I just love the look of the smaller vertical slats of the Faraday table.  Playing around with Google sketch-up I was able to combine the best of the each and make the perfect table for myself.  

I am still using up the wood from my parents old deck, but I did have to buy a couple boards to make this table.  While at Home Depot, I priced out the wood for the entire project and it would cost less than $25 to make!!  That is a savings of $275!

PB-Console-Table-Knock-off

I debated whether to add a fancy leg or even casters wheels, but I am completely happy with the way it turned out.  

The Hubby came home when I was in the middle of staining the table and I had to ask him what he thought….. He asked, “You made me a new workbench?”   Ummm,  Yeah.  Sure if you consider the grill as a part of you workspace!  (that’s him trying to be funny because a few years ago I made myself a gardening bench and some how he ended up taking it and using it as a workbench in the garage!)

Outdoor-Console-Table

The stain is from Sherwin William’s Deckscape. 

EDIT:   The stain from SW is called Woodscapes.

Outdoor-DIY-Table

I love my little fishy.  I have had him a few years now.  The little silver star plate is new.

Outdoor-DIY-Console-Table

Don’t you agree the small vertical slats give the piece much more interest?

The wooden cake plate was hand-crafted by my Dad.  (you must check out the cute new cupcake stands he just added to his Etsy store.  Adorable!!)

PB-Chessapeake-Console-Table-Knock-off

This table is going to be perfect when the Hubs is cooking out on the grill or even when creating an outdoor buffet!  And when not in use…. it looks great with a few outdoor accessories.

Carrie

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...