Teen Lounge Gallery Wall

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I know I should be working on Christmas projects but I am in full swing with this Teen Lounge.  The room is surprising coming together quickly (at least by my standards).  And I have to admit, it’s a pretty cool space to hang out in.   I just finished up a few large painting projects and hope to get on to my Christmas decorations later today.

clip-art

A few weeks back I posted a gallery wall collage of some ideas that I came up with in Photoshop.  I invited you to “LIKE” your favorite and leave a comment.  Thank you to everyone that voted and shared your ideas!  I really appreciate you taking the time out of your day.

I was thrilled that #6 was the most “LIKE”ed option!  Why?  because it was my favorite too!!  That really shows me that the readers of Dittle Dattle get me!  ha ha     I guess us like-minded people gravitate to one another.

.

.

.

Teen-Lounge-DIY-Wall-Frames

But Wait!!!!

So why did I choose #4?

Well, I have a couple of reasons. 

  • First my teenage son thought the room was getting too “busy” looking.
  • Secondly, I have a little something up my sleeve for the adjacent wall and if he thinks it busy now he might be completely overwhelmed if I over do the gallery wall.
  • Thirdly, my kids liked #4 the best and ultimately it is their room. 

 

Custom-Frames--Dittle-Dattle

 

Teen-Lounge-DIY-Frames--Dittle-Dattle-blogspot

I purchased a whole group of frames at Ikea.  you know the ones?? basic black with white mats.  As I was laying them out on the floor it just seemed boooooorrrrrring!  With the oversized clock in black,  those black frames weren’t working for me. 

Well, I remembered seeing some really awesome frames in a boutique during our summer vacation in Upstate NY, and then I also remember I bought a quart of ASCP (Annie Sloan Chalk Paint)  in Providence that I hadn’t even popped the lid to yet.  So before I knew it, I had a project in the making.

DIY-Photo-Frames--Dittle-Dattle

Just using scrap wood, glass, and paint, I have four amazing frames for FREE!  yeah!

Custom-DIY-frames--Dittle-Dattle  

The glass and photographs are held by simple square nuts and screws.  Look closely…… my glass cutting is not square!  LOL  That just adds to the charm!

The ASCP Providence was a bit bright for me at first so on the second coat I mixed in a little ASCP Old White.  With the sanding and distressing it really gives the frame another dimension. 

Teen-Lounge-Custom-Frames

Don’t you just love them?

Would you like a tutorial?

Honestly they were easy to make and I’m sure I will be making more.

Teen-Lounge-gallery-wall--Dittle-Dattle

I still may do idea #6 but I’m waiting to see how the other wall comes out first. 

Teen Lounge Updates

And one last update I wanted to show you… the new rug.  I showed you an Ikea one that I purchased a month ago that was made of natural fibers, but that had to be returned!  You could not walk across it with out it feeling like thousands of needles were poking your feet! ouch!!  I have seen the same rug all over the internet and NO ONE mentioned how uncomfortable it was.  That’s not me.  That’s not this blog.  I will always give you my honest opinion.  And I always have an opinion!!! he he

While browsing around Ikea, again, I spotted this colorful one, and with my mother’s confidence, I brought it home and was completely delighted!  The kids like too, which is also a bonus.  The coffee table is something that the Hubs and I had in one of our first apartments.  It was actually sitting at the backdoor waiting to go to Goodwill when I thought….. “what if….. I sprayed it black?”  It’s not the look I’m going for but it will do for now.Carrie

Labels: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...