Anthropologie Apron Knock-Off!

Monday, December 19, 2011


IF YOU ARE MY SISTER-IN-LAW STOP READING NOW!

Haha - ok, I know I wouldn't stop reading even if someone told me not to, but I tried.

I'm really excited about this Christmas present!! It just turned out so stinking cute!

My SIL pointed out this adorable apron from  Anthropologie  a few weeks ago:


It really wasn't that expensive - $37.  But I figured I could make it for a fraction of the price and use the money saved to buy other goodies! ;)  In total I spent $10!

I had no idea where to start, so I used this apron tutorial as a basic template and adjusted measurements and details as needed.

This is the first time I have made and used piping - but I love it!! It adds such cute detail!




Look here - I even made a super creepy dummy out of a pillow, my bra, and a turtleneck! Hahaha! I can't stop laughing at how creepy it is.  I tried to get a photo of the apron on me, but that wasn't working out so well, so creepy pillow it was!


Right now I have the rosette that Bonnie made for me on the top.  I'll be making a different flower more similar to the inspiration photo, but I wanted to put an embelishment on for now!

I'll be making more of these for other family members, so I'll post those when they're done!

Here are the piping details:


More Christmas goodies will be on their way soon!

Cheers!
PhotobucketmommahenscoopPhotobucket Catch a Glimpse ButtonTransformation ThursdayHookingupwithHoHfreckled laundryThe Shabby NestUndertheTableandDreamingPhotobucketPhotobucket36th Avenue504 Main

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...