X's and O's Tutorial

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

 How about a little X's and O's?  This was a simple but elegant project.  I love the results.  Here's how I did it:




Supplies:
Cardboard box
Knife or scissors to cut cardboard
Paper pattern
Red Fabric
Red Ribbon (Mine came from Costco.  Best deal on Ribbon EVER!)
Glue gun and glue
White sheer ribbon
Stapler
Red berries
Wire

First I got some cardboard and cut out 2 of each shape.
 Now get some Red fabric and cut 2 pieces of each shape.  These will wrap around the cardboard.

Hot glue the red fabric to the cardboard.  First one side then the other.  You may need to clip the fabric to get it to lay flat at the curves and corners.

 Next, I sewed the ribbon into pleats, but just one side. You could do this with just a glue gun, but it might be kinda hard. You could also buy pre-pleated trim for this project.

Next glue the ribbon down to the letters.

Here's some close ups of the letters. For the O, I did two rows facing inward and one facing out.


 The X got two rows, 2 full going one direction, then 2 half rows the other direction.
I used the sheer ribbon to connect the letters.
Tie a knot, then staple the ribbon to the
back.  It's easy since it's cardboard.

 Then I made a large bow and wired it together along with the sheer loop that attaches the letters.  I made a large wire loop for hanging.

 I tucked some berry sprigs into the ribbon to finish it off.
Hang it in place and you're done.






Happy Valentines and lots of Hugs and Kisses to you!

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...