My Pseudo Mantel!

Sunday, March 4, 2012



Our house doesn't have a fireplace, therefore no mantel.  We do, however, have this little nook that sits up high in our living room.  This little space has become my "pseudomantel."  Pseudo - that's one of my favorite science words! :)

If you walk in through our front door, this is what you see:


I've been working on this little nook for over a year now.  It all started with a trip to an antique store in Columbia.  I literally stumbled over this $5 chair and brought it home with me.  I threw it up in this nook on a whim - eh, it was ok but I wasn't in love.

That chair is now a beautiful blue color and it hangs out on my front porch.

Back to the pseudomantel.  You can see the progression here:


Occasionally I venture back to Columbia for an afternoon of picking.  I found these two windows one day for $10.


I gave them a good cleaning and a new coat of white paint.  Once they were dry I hung them up in the pseudomantel and they sat there, waiting for me to finish decorating.

I finally couldn't stand it anymore and went on a walk yesterday with the hubby.  We walked all around our neighborhood and I found a pair of old sticks.


I love these boots!  They were my Mom's when she was younger and they don't fit her anymore.  I would totally wear these if they didn't cut off the circulation in my feet.  My Mom is a petite lady.  The shoe inserts are my late grandfather's.

I need to find something to put underneath the boots so they have a little height.  That way you can see them better when you're looking at them from ground height.

I made the fabric banner last night too.  It reminds me of spring and I love it!  I can easily switch this out for different holidays.


I love the natural feel of the sticks and the brightness of the chair and windows!  Now I love my little pseudomantel!

Here are a few more peeks!




I designed this space with items I have acquired over the last year, so I guess technically it was a free makeover!

Have a happy week!

Cheers!
Domestically SpeakingPhotobucketPhotobucket HookingupwithHoHfreckled laundryUndertheTableandDreamingSew ChattyPhotobucket

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...