Spring Burlap Wreath

Monday, March 19, 2012

Hello Friends! I hope you are having a good day so far.

I wanted to share with you a cute little burlap wreath I made for spring. The weather has been beautiful here in Alabama so I have been decorating and spring cleaning.


I love how this wreath turned out, originally I wanted to use natural colored burlap, but purple was all I had at the time. I knew I wanted it to be easily interchangeable because I plan on gifting this burlap beauty to a friend.

Here's how I made it.

Materials:
A straw wreath form
Approx. 1 yard of burlap
Straight pins
Extra decorative accessories of your choice 
{I used a newspaper bird, birds nest, and my DIY moss initial}

1. I started out wrapping the wreath form with 3" wide strips of burlap {I cut along the length of the burlap so the strips were long}. It took about 3 strips to get all the way around. I just pinned them in place.  

2. I cut A LOT of 4x4 square burlap pieces. It doesn't have to be perfect at all. 


3. Next, I took the squares one at a time and folded them in half.

4. And then in half again.

Then I simply used straight pins to pin them into the wreath form. I pinned two together {side by side} at a time, which sped up the tedious process of folding and pinning. Go all the way around until you're done. 


I made the moss initial from a wooden letter wrapped in sheet moss using craft glue. Just cut the sheet moss about an inch or so extra around the letter- then wrap and glue. So simple! It was made for less than $5.


Then, I just added a burlap ribbon and hung it up. Now I'm ready for spring!


Thanks for stopping by today.


Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...