Pallet Garden

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I adore flowers.

The problem is that I do NOT have a green thumb, as I think I may have mentioned before.  Not only that, I am forgetful, and I forget to water the poor things.  By the time I realize it, the neglected flowers are usually dried up and dead.

Every year I say it's going to be different...but this year I really mean it!!! 



My Mom brought in a pallet and dirt when she was visiting, and then took my kids to pick out flowers.  They planted a pallet flower garden!  It is beautiful and so much love went into it.  My Mom and my kids had SO MUCH FUN!  I was surprised that my Big Guy, being 9 and all, really loved picking out the flowers and planting them.

Here are some photos of the process.

















We have to let the pallet lay flat as pictured for 2 weeks, then we can stand it up.  It is adorable already, standing up it will look amazing!  I can't wait!

I will update you with a picture when we stand it up, and also for proof that I am, in fact, watering my flowers:-)


 
Have you ever planted a pallet garden?  Let me know...I would love to see some pictures!



Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...