DIY Sheet Music Pinwheel Banner

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

With Thanksgiving quickly approaching I thought I'd make a simple and festival banner out of vintage sheet music, letters, twine and clothespins for the store. This project cost nothing to make since I already had all of the materials on hand. Here is where I first saw this creative idea and just had to make my own.



ONE- Gather up your sheet music, old hymn books or vintage book pages. My favorite books to use usually have an old patina and can be found at estate sales. I just like how they look, but really, any book will do. You will need 2 sheets per pinwheel. 


TWO- Fan fold your pages. There can be as little or as many folds as you want, depending on how tight you want your pinwheel folds. This is something you will have to play around with until you get the look you like.


THREE- Fold each of your fans in half and staple or glue both of them on the fold. 


FOUR- Glue both of the halves together. You kind of just have to play with it until it looks and lays right.

Once dry, print off your letters onto card stock or plain paper and secure it to the center of your pinwheel.

There are so many different "sayings" you can make with these pinwheel banners! 



Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...