Burlap Tree Skirt!

Sunday, December 16, 2012

 
Can you believe Christmas is only a little over one week away?!  This gal needs about three more weeks to finish shopping, crafting and wrapping!  At least we finally got our Christmas tree up and decorated!
 
Last year I whipped up a tree skirt that was horrifying.  It served its purpose, but I threw it out once we took the tree down.  This year I decided to make a tree skirt that I actually planned out and worked hard on.  I originally wanted to make a more modern looking tree skirt. 
 
During my search I stumbled across this felt fringe tree skirt by Prudent Baby.  I had every intention of making this.  I went to the fabric store and paced the felt aisle.  I pulled colors down, put them up, and pulled more down.  Eventually I broke into a sweat, and unable to make a decision I stumbled into the burlap bin.  Burlap it was!
 
There are tons of tutorials about how to make a ruffled tree skirt.  I went the sewing route after realizing what an absurdly long time it would take to go the hot glue gun route.
 
Here she is!
 
 
I used two yards of burlap.  It's only $4/yard and it was on sale for 25% off, so the tree skirt cost me $12.
 
I left the top ruffle with a rough edge and used a contrasting colored zig-zag stitch.
 
 
I chose the layers I did due to the amount of fabric I had.  I used the lighter burlap as the base, so I had more of the darker burlap to make more layers.
 
 
I finally managed to get some presents wrapped too!
 
 
I love using the brown packaging paper from The Dollar Tree.  It allows such a simplistic but pretty look.  This year I'm using red tulle to wrap.  The tags were made using scrapbook paper and a paper cutter I got at Michaels.
 
 
Now it feels a little more like Christmas around here!
 
Cheers!
 
Photobucketfreckled laundryUndertheTableandDreamingI Heart Nap TimeSew ChattyPhotobucket 

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...