From Thrift Store Dud to Painted Stud

Friday, January 25, 2013

Ok, well I really think of this piece as a she, but stud rhymes with dud.  I almost left this piece at the thrift store, I wasn't sure about the sides and the height (26 inches, a little shorter than a typical sofa table).  But another customer talked me into it and it was half price day.

I wasn't sure which color to paint this piece.  It was going to go cream--old ochre to be exact, because let's face it, it is neutral and sells.  But I needed some color so I went with Aubosson Blue and Old Ochre.  I am loving this blue, sort of a teal, but reminds me of a rich denim color.


I used dark wax, 


a dud no longer.


I waited to get pictures in daylight and then had all these shadows going--lighting, hmphhh--my least favorite part of photography.  Find more fun things at Funky Junk Interiors!

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...